Why are dental check-ups important?
Having a regular dental check-up or dental exam is an important part of preventive health care for children and adults. Even if you no longer have your natural teeth, it’s important to have regular exams to maintain your oral health and the usefulness of your replacement teeth.
During your dental check-up we:
• Evaluate your overall health and oral hygiene
• Evaluate your risk of tooth decay, tooth fracture, and gum or bone disease
• Evaluate your need for tooth restoration or tooth replacement
• Check your bite and jaw for problems
• Remove any stains or deposits on your teeth
• Demonstrate proper cleaning techniques for your teeth or dentures
• Assess your need for fluoride
• Take dental X-rays if necessary, or do other diagnostic procedures
Is it time for your next dental exam? Let the team at Glazer Dental give you a full dental check-up in our Durham office today!