What are Porcelain Veneers?
Dental or Porcelain Veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells that are attached to the front surface of teeth to enhance their appearance. They’re made of porcelain or resin-composite materials that are permanently bonded to your teeth.
Porcelain Veneers are used to treat a number of different cosmetic problems:
• Chipped, broken or worn teeth
• Crooked, uneven or crowded teeth
• Spaces or wide gaps between teeth
• Permanently stained or discolored teeth
• Smaller-than-average teeth
Porcelain veneers can make a dramatic difference in the way your smile looks. Some patients may only need one veneer in the case of a broken or chipped tooth. However many patients have six to eight teeth fitted with veneers in order to create an even, symmetrical smile – usually the top front eight teeth.
With dental veneers, we can change the size, shape, color, and position of your teeth within a few visits.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers include:
• Look and feel like your natural teeth
• Resistant to staining/discoloring
• Long lasting and durable
• Improves your smile and your confidence
Call the Durham office today to see if Porcelain Veneers are right for you. The Glazer Dental staff will review your oral history and find the best solution for your smile.